TIPS for home instruction.
- Set up a dedicated work space in your home if possible. There should be plenty of light, access to a charger, space for your laptop, binder, journal, and other materials needed. Ideally, this is a quiet place in your home where you can work free from distractions and noise. If you can’t find a quiet space, use headphones to listen to calming music (classical or other music without words works best!)
- Turn in your phone to an adult during school hours. Fight the urge to text/social media/chat during your breaks. Movement break, lunch, and recess should be spent screen-free. Move your body!! Get outside if you can, even for a few minutes. Sunshine and fresh air can do wonders for your mood and energy.
- Follow the school schedule. Our minds and bodies need routines in times of change and stress. This will also help you stay on top of your work.
- Use your planner to organize your work and hold yourself accountable. Write each assignment in your planner and check it off when you complete it, even if it’s not homework. Doesn’t it feel great to cross that item off your list?!
- Communicate with your teachers and students. I won’t be there to check in with you in person but am still here for you! Send a Google Classroom message, an email, or request a Google Hangout to get some help on an assignment. My office hours are 10-12 each day.
- Take short breaks. Even if you stick to the school schedule, you should have time for movement break, lunch, recess, and passing periods. After you accomplish a task, reward yourself with a snack break, an energizing song, or a quick dance break. You need these brain breaks from time to time so don’t try to push through all of your work in one sitting.
- Empower yourself. Now is the time to step up and take control of your learning. Independence is something we strive for and this is an opportunity for you to become a stronger, self-sufficient learner.
GOOGLE CLASSROOM will be the primary space where assignments will be posted and documents will be shared. You can access the calendar on Google Classroom for assignments. I will also be posting assignments and grades on parentvue.
SCIENCE: Most of the assignments will be sent to your McGraw Hill account. Go to
for instructions to access your account
- All assignments will be posted on Google Classroom and many of the materials will be accessed here.
- Always turn in assignments after you have completed or read them.
MATH All assignments will be posted on Google Classroom and many of the materials will be accessed here as well. Please complete the lessons assigned each day. You can check your work with the posted answer keys.
- REMIND your parents to take attendance for you. They need to fill out the attendance form every day: Google Form
- CORRECT previous day’s practice problems if necessary. A link with answers will be posted if needed.
- For today’s lesson, read the LESSON SUMMARY first.
- Attempt the classwork problems in order on your own. If you get stuck or need help, check Khan Academy for a lesson review, then move on to the next step.
- CHECK your answers to the classwork problems and correct any mistakes. Photos will be posted on the daily Google Classroom assignment.
- Complete the practice problems assigned for that day.
- FILL OUT the Google Form attached to the lesson if there is one. You will need to answer a few questions about your practice problems. TURN IN the form when done.
- Click MARK AS DONE each day when you finish all of your work for the daily lesson.
- You have also been given access to Khan Academy. Please check your email for a link and click ¨sign-up¨. Use the following access codes:
1st period QHKWC4EM
3rd period K4ZZRR7P
All students are expected to complete one hour of practice each week (starting 3/23) on the Khan Academy website.