Greetings Taylor Community!
So we’ve had to close the school for a little while — but we want to keep our learning going. Here’s a guide to get you headed in the right direction. Please read this document all the way through, as it has important tips and information on expectations for your work over these next months. Here we go…
GOOGLE CLASSROOM will be the primary space where assignments will be posted and documents will be shared. You can access the calendar on Google Classroom for assignments. I will also be posting assignments and grades on parentvue.
- Always turn in assignments after you have completed them.
- Click MARK AS DONE each day when you finish all of your work for the daily lesson.
- Set up a dedicated work space in your home if possible. There should be plenty of light, access to a charger, space for your laptop, binder, journal, and other materials needed. Ideally, this is a quiet place in your home where you can work free from distractions and noise. If you can’t find a quiet space, use headphones to listen to calming music (classical or other music without words works best!)
- Turn in your phone to an adult during school hours. Fight the urge to text/social media/chat during your breaks. Movement break, lunch, and recess should be spent screen-free. Move your body!! Get outside if you can, even for a few minutes. Sunshine and fresh air can do wonders for your mood and energy.
- Follow the school schedule. Our minds and bodies need routines in times of change and stress. This will also help you stay on top of your work.
- Use your planner to organize your work and hold yourself accountable. Write each assignment in your planner and check it off when you complete it, even if it’s not homework. After you accomplish a task, reward yourself with a snack break, an energizing song, or a quick dance break. Doesn’t it feel great to cross that item off your list?!
- Communicate with your teachers and students. I won’t be there to check in with you in person but am still here for you! Send a Google Classroom message, an email, or request a Google Hangout to get some help on an assignment. My office hours are 10-12 each day.
Empower yourself. Now is the time to step up and take control of your learning. Independence is something we strive for and this is an opportunity for you to become a stronger, self-sufficient learner.