Greetings Taylor Community!
GOOGLE CLASSROOM will be the primary space where assignments will be posted and documents will be shared.
- Set up a dedicated work space in your home if possible. There should be plenty of light, access to a charger, space for your laptop, binder, journal, and other materials needed. Ideally, this is a quiet place in your home where you can work free from distractions and noise. If you can’t find a quiet space, use headphones to listen to calming music (classical or other music without words works best!)
- Turn off your phone during school hours. Fight the urge to text/social media/chat while working at home. Sunshine and fresh air can do wonders for your mood and energy.
- Follow the school schedule. Our minds and bodies need routines in times of change and stress. This will also help you stay on top of your work.
- Use your planner to organize your work and hold yourself accountable. Write each assignment in your planner and check it off when you complete it, even if it’s not homework. After you accomplish a task, reward yourself with a snack break, an energizing song, or a quick dance break. Doesn’t it feel great to cross that item off your list?!
- Communicate with your teachers and students. Find a “study-buddy” to help with absences or assignments and ask questions on the Google stream.
Empower yourself. Now is the time to step up and take control of your learning. Independence is something we all strive for and this is an opportunity for you to become a stronger, self-sufficient learner.